Руководство по ремонту и эксплуатации Toyota Rav4 с 1994 по 2006 год выпуска. Модели оборудованные бензиновыми и дизельными двигателями
Lubricants and fluids
Engine and associated systems
Brakes and suspension
Brake and clutch fluid level
- The brake master cylinder is mounted on the front of the brake vacuum servo unit in the engine compartment. The clutch master cylinder used on vehicles with manual transmissions is located next to the brake master cylinder.
- The brake master cylinder and the clutch master cylinder share a common reservoir. To check the fluid level of either system, simply look at the MAX and MIN marks on the brake fluid reservoir (see illustration). The level should be at or near the maximum fill line.
The brake fluid level should be kept between the MIN and MAX marks on the translucent plastic reservoir
- If the level is low, wipe the top of the reservoir cover with a clean rag to prevent contamination of the brake or clutch system before lifting the cover.
- Add only the specified brake fluid to the reservoir (refer to Lubricants and fluids at the end of this chapter or to your owner’s manual). Mixing different types of brake fluid can damage the system. Fill the brake master cylinder reservoir only to the dotted line - this brings the fluid to the correct level when you put the cover back on.
Warning: Use caution when filling the reservoir - brake fluid can harm your eyes and damage painted surfaces. Do not use brake fluid that has been opened for more than one year (even if the cap has been on) or has been left open. Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air. Excess moisture can cause a dangerous loss of braking.
- While the reservoir cap is removed, inspect the master cylinder reservoir for contamination. If deposits, dirt particles or water droplets are present, the fluid in the brake system should be changed (see Chapter 1A or 1В for the brake fluid renewal procedure or Chapter 8 for the clutch hydraulic system bleeding procedure).
- After filling the reservoir to the proper level, make sure the lid is properly seated to prevent fluid leakage and/or system pressure loss.
- The brake fluid in the master cylinder will drop slightly as the brake pads at each wheel wear down during normal operation. If the master cylinder requires repeated replenishing to keep it at the proper level, this is an indication of leakage in the brake or clutch release system, which should be corrected immediately. Check all brake and clutch release lines and connections, along with the brake and clutch master cylinders, brake calipers, wheel cylinders and clutch release cylinder (see Chapter 1A or 1B for more information).
- If, upon checking the master cylinder fluid level, you discover the reservoir empty or nearly empty, the brake system or clutch release system must be diagnosed immediately (see Chapters 8 and 9).
Другие книги по ремонту и обслуживанию автомобилей Toyota:
- руководство по ремонту Toyota Hilux Surf
- книги по ремонту Toyota Tercel
- инструкция по эксплуатации Toyota Crown
Внимание: HTML не поддерживается! Используйте обычный текст.
Введите код, указанный на картинке:*